If your teeth develop cavities or cracks, our dentists may recommend composite dental fillings to repair and restore them. Fillings work to restore the appearance and strength of your teeth, and by using tooth-colored materials, we can ensure beautiful and natural-looking results. To schedule your consultation with Dr. Greg Elwell or Dr. John Peacock and learn more about composite dental fillings in Canton, Georgia, call us today at 770-479-5569.
While traditional amalgam fillings are still available and have been used for many years, our dental office mainly uses composite fillings. These fillings are sturdy, look natural and will help you maintain an attractive and healthy smile for many years to come. Some of the benefits to composite fillings include:
- A great seal around the edges of the filling which can prevent further decay
- Less drilling and removal of dental tissue is required
- A composite filling can be used to repair cavities that are too small for amalgam fillings
- Resistance to temperature changes from cold or hot foods or beverages
- A filling that blends in with the rest of your smile
- Fillings that can be easily repaired or even replaced with fresh composite
- Material that bonds directly to the tooth ensuring it remains strong
Our dentists and team will take care to match the shading of your filling to the color of your tooth so that it is virtually undetectable in your smile. If you would like to learn more about composite dental fillings or make an appointment, call our office today.